Mangaluru: In-Unity 2K19 was organized at Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangaluru with the intention of fuelling the passion to innovate and lead in the youth of our country, on 2nd December 2019.
On this occasion, Sahyadri got to host three eminent personalities, Ms Elena Churina, Chairman, Agency for Innovative Development of Regions; Mr. Kim Peng Foo, Adjunct Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship, Singapore University Technology Design and Dr Abhishek Vaish, who has served as the Head of Science and Technology Wing of the Embassy of India, Moscow, as the panel of judges.
Round Table Conference was held on the following topics
- Creating a global innovation ecosystem.
- Capacity Building through international Collaboration
- Making start-up Incubators self-reliant
- Investment / Funding opportunities from international Organisation.
- Recommendations will be compiled and shared with all the relevant bodies (in the government), universities and higher educational institutions, and with other concerned stakeholders.
- 5 teams have been selected for incubation under the Sahyadri Hub for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- In India, innovation is still not the epicentre of education. In order to achieve the cultural shift and to ensure that ‘Innovation and Start-up culture is the primary fulcrum of our higher education system, a lot of initiatives have been taken at the government level’.
Interaction with the Launch pads
An interactive session with the entrepreneurial aspirants of Sahyadri was organized so that they can benefit from the insights of the international delegates. Students with an incredible caliber and brilliant ideas got to pitch the same to these guests and five teams from the sixteen that pitched are to be incubated here.
This event was a learning experience for all the participants and volunteers alike as they got to interact with some of the best minds of the world. Everybody had something to take away from this.