Mangaluru: Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, a hub for many innovation start-ups and industries, has been awarded four stars in the ratings for 2019-20 released by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India.
The Ministry of Education has established the ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
The 4 Golden Stars rating has been awarded to the institution for undertaking various initiatives and activities prescribed by the Innovation Cell, MoE. Sahyadri has received the top rating in the region for its vibrant innovative ecosystem.
Objectives of IIC
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bound fashion
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories
- Organize periodic workshops/seminars/interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition and mini-challenges with the involvement of industries.
The Institute Innovation Council (IIC) of Sahyadri comprises of the following members:
Dr.Manjappa Sarathi, Director – R&D and President-IIC;
Dr.Rajesha S., Principal;
Dr.Anush Bekal, Vice-President-IIC;
Dr.Ratishchandra R. Gatti, NIRF & IPR Activity Coordinator-IIC;
Mr.Prashanth S. Duddela, Start-up Activity Coordinator-IIC;
Ms.Navya D. Rai, Innovation Activity Coordinator-IIC;
Ms.Sushma V., Social Media Coordinator-IIC; and
Mr.Adarsh S. Pakkala, Student President- IIC.
For More Information contact Dr. Anush Bekal, Associate Professor (ECE), Convener- MHRDs Institute Innovation Council (IIC) 5th Floor, MIC-IIC & Industry Connect Hub, Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management, Mangalore-575007, Mobile: +91 98443 24123.