Sahyadri Science Talent Hunt – SSTH is an initiative of the young creative minds in line with ‘Start-up India‘ Mission. It is an eight-month program that involves workshops for 10,000 students across 200 schools on Design Thinking on various community-based problems. The program receives over 400 solutions from over 1200 students out of which 40 ideas are selected with a mission to convert them into products and start-ups. Students will be showcasing nearly 350 diverse projects of their own on this day.
SSTH 2k19 is the 6th edition and will be witnessed on the 16th of November 2019 with a mission of promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in the Canara region. The event encourages community-based problem solving by inspiring, mentoring and nurturing social innovations. This initiative is completely supported and funded by Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management.
Be With Engineering:
Prior to the Grand Finale is “Be with Engineering”, a 2-day makers event that is to be conducted on Nov 14th and 15th 2019. The event provides a platform to bring together like-minded students passionate about Science and Technology. The main objective of this programme is to give students an overall view about what the true spirit of engineering really is. Through the course of these two days, the participants will be accustomed to the environment of Sahyadri and will be given the opportunity to interact with entrepreneurs and widen their social network and work in the launchpads and labs. They will get a chance to explore all the resources that Sahyadri has to offer and make the most out of it. This is an initiative created out of the intention to make India’s youth change the generic definition of Engineering altogether. By the end of this two-day program, the students will be able to present a different perspective of engineering and take their projects to greater heights through the mentorship and guidance of Students and leaders at Sahyadri.
DTlabzis a technical space provided with major resources to help enthusiasts realize their dreams through technology. The lab also nurtures young minds through frequent guidance from engineers and helps in solving the problems faced in the process of the same. At DTlabz, they believe that everybody has an idea worth solving but lack the proper guidance and resources to do so. Thus, DTlabz emphasizes on a step by step process that every individual must go through in order to thoroughly enjoy the implementation of their ideas.
New Age Incubation Centre – NAIN
New Age Incubation Center at Sahyadri established and supported by K-Tech Innovation, Government of Karnataka. A new premise as per the corporate standards has been built. NAIN has incubated eleven projects, two of which were selected and funded by ELEVATE 2019 and are now functioning independently.
Sahyadri College of Engineering & Management is in existence since a decade, being recognized by AICTE, UGC, MHRD, MSME and IEI, Government of India, affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Government of Karnataka, NAAC accredited with “A” Grade and certified by ISO.
Guests of SSTH-2019
- Dr C N Ashwathnarayan – Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister, Higher Education & IT&BT, Government of Karnataka
- BharathShetty Y. – MLA Mangaluru City North
- Mr Prashant Kumar Mishra, IAS – Managing Director, Karnatak Innovation and Technology Society(KITS), Dept. of IT & BT, Govt. of Karnataka.
- PrashanthPrakash – Partner in Accel, an American venture capital firm
- MadanPadaki – A Governing Council Member of TiE Bangalore
- VijethaShastry – Executive Director of TiE Bangalore and the lead of Open Innovation at NASSCOM Centre of Excellence.
- Subramanian Sivakumar – CEO of Pratian Technologies and the COO of World Research Centre.
- TVP Chowdry – Senior Project Scientist at the Centre for Sustainable Technology, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- S Sridhar – Director, Adept Skills Pvt Ltd.
- Ananth Ravi –Senior Vice President with a demonstrated history of working in the oil & energy industry.
- Aakarsh Naidu – Founder and CEO of The Startupreneur
- UdayBirje – Co-founder & Director of ThinkStreet Technologies
- Archana Pillai – Resident mentor at NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore
- Chetan Venugopal –President and CEO of Pierian Singapore Pte Ltd.